In June of 2013, the Health Care District of Palm Beach County began providing primary health care services to adults and children at the C. L. Brumback Primary Care Clinics. Through a grant awarded to the Health Care District in December 2012 by the United States Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), the District is managing and operating the C. L. Brumback Primary Care Clinics as Federally Qualified Health Centers.
The C.L. Brumback Primary Care Clinics are named in honor of their founder, the late Dr. Clarence L. “Carl” Brumback. Dr. Brumback served as Palm Beach County’s first Health Department Director beginning in 1950.
Dr. Brumback also introduced many other initiatives, such as Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies, establishing prenatal care for all pregnant women. The pen that President Johnson used to sign The Migrant Farmworker Health Act into federal law was given to Dr. Brumback in honor of his strenuous patient advocacy.
The Health Care District dedicates its Primary Care Clinics to honor Dr. Brumback’s legacy as a champion of improving the health and wellness of all people in Palm Beach County.
Photos courtesy of Historical Society of Palm Beach County